What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Nailed It!

Photo by jonathan ocampo on Unsplash
I am not a huge fan of binge watching shows. I am not against other people doing it, I just normally over schedule too much to take the time to sit on the couch and enjoy show guilt free for a few hours when perfectly healthy.

The last time I was sick I binged watched all the episodes for the show Super Store by NBC on Hulu. That is a pretty cute show for sure.

Though I am not physically sick, just going through a thing right now, I have now successfully binged watched the show Nailed It! on Netflix.

This beautiful cupcake by Jonathan Ocampo is not something you would see on the show. It is a bunch of really bad bakers trying to make some extraordinary baking treats and failing pretty hard core.

I sit and watch this show with a stupid smile on my face the entire time and then break out into belly laughs sometimes with the reactions of the judges.

I had my mom and my husband watch the show and they too were laughing just as hard as I was. I told my friend about it and she looked at me liked I was crazy. She was laughing at me laughing and not the show. So this show isn't always for everyone. Eh, it's okay.

I can say I have learned some things from this show since they give the failing bakers some tips on how they can do things better next time. First, when making butter cream always use room temperature butter. I've never made butter cream so I would not know that. Second there is something called modeling chocolates that you heat up using your hands and then play with like play dough. I think the most important thing I've learned so far is that baking is more of a science than an art really.

Nailed It! also makes me want to try to make some of their creations to see how it goes more me. Would I be able to do it any better or would I fail just as hard core? I feel like a pretty competent baker so I want to say I can do a bit better. The real thing would be if I do make the thing should I also put a timer on like they have? I might just have to try this.

I am not sure if I will or not but if I do, I'll be sure to post my results good or bad on here!

Does anyone else watch this show? If so do you have a favorite episode? Do you have a favorite host? Let me know with a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment