What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, December 28, 2015

Spider



*Note* due to not having any brain power this post is late. Sorry*

I have been up late trying to get things done for Christmas for the last 5 days. I'm talking bed times of 1 am or later and up at or around 7 am. I am what most people refer too as exhausted.

I can feel it. Most of the time I'm tired, and I don't feel it. Now, I feel it in my eyes. They have that staring out at things for too long feeling. The slightly warm glazed over feel. My brain is mush. I had one co-worker tell me I sounds like I'm on drugs. Slurring words and stopping in mid thought and sentence. As we all know, I don't do drugs. Plus, because of work, I just took a pee drug test(moving positions/companies inside of the same company. Our structure confuses me. I am just happy I'm not in the tax department)

As I'm sitting in a team meeting, functioning the best I can, it comes to my turn to talk about whatever concerns me. As I talk about boring office randomness that only happens in corporations when I feel a tickle on my neck. I assume it was a loose hair on my neck. I brushed it away, the ticket stopped. Forward about 5 minutes and now I'm warm. I remove the jacket that I was wearing and put it on my lap. That is when I noticed my little stowaway.

Sitting right there a spider on my jacket. My response, just throw the entire jacket over my head and onto the floor behind me. Needless to say, there was  laughter and a slow fuzzy brain of acknowledgement from me.

My jacket laid on the floor until the meeting ended. I looked in every pocket, flipped the jacket inside out more than once and found no 8 legged friend.

Lesson learned, sleep more and always smack tickles on your neck, don't assume they are stray hairs.

Has anyone else been attached by a spider while at work? If so let me know with a comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment