What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beer Floats!

 
It was Saturday night. Dinner had been made and eaten. An episode of Bob's Burger's had been watched. Going to bed would have been the smart thing to do, but still in a relaxing mode, and my sweet tooth kicked in, I wanted ice cream.
 
New Dude and I checked a local advertisement for an ice cream parlor that was just down the road. Though it was close, I wasn't really in the mood to go out.
 
Plus, we had ice cream in the freezer that needed to be eaten. So I was like why don't we just stay here.
 
New Dude said yes, and then was like... how about we try those beer floats you've talked about before?
 
Win!
 
I have never had a beer float. I personally don't really care for the soda version too much, but like my desire to make a White Russian out of my morning bowl of cereal, so has the desire to make a beer float.
 
I had the time, I had the ingredients, and a second opinion to boot! Perfect. So we did, New Dude and I made beer floats.

 
We had a stout, which we assumed would probably taste better, but the only way we could fairly try it was to use a lager as well.
 

Dramatic lager picture for no reason.

So we tasted it. First a sip, then some ice cream, then some ice cream and beer.


 
The conclusion?
 
 
The stout tasted better. It had lot of foam but unlike the lager, the bitter and sweet went better. The lager was just a little too contrast for my taste buds. The small glass we had made was finished, because no one likes wasting beer OR ice cream, but if I tried it again, I'd go with a stout again.
 
Has anyone else tried beer floats before? What do you think? Lager vs Stout? Should I have tried an Ale or an IPA? Let me know with your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment