What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Her name is Abigail part 2

Photo by Noah Kuhn on Unsplash
Please note, if you haven't read, "Her Name is Abigail part 1" things might not make sense.

Our story picks up about a week later.

I had planned to take a half-day in August to visit friends and have no real plans. We were just going to meet up at someone's house. Let the kiddos and puppies play. Eat food, drink whatever, and chill out.

I went to work, stopped to talk to the good people at AAA about what to do about my battery and then headed home to pick up Teach and head over to my friend's house.

It was a scorcher of a day and so Ia turned on my AC for Teach, had my lights on because I was driving on the interstate and then pulled off my friend's exit. Before I made it to her house I called to see if she wanted any Starbucks. A nice little indulgence to start off the rest of the chill day.

As I was in the left turning lane my car when all the lights on the dash flashed and then my car died. I, of course, was now stuck and could not move my car. It threw on my hazards, opened the windows for my dog, and then panic called my friend. She was like my husband will be on his way.

I then clogged traffic for a little bit not knowing what to do. Honestly, my brain went blank, I didn't know what to do with my car, how to push it, and or what to do with my dog. I got out, waited for my friend's husband and stood behind my car waving my hands to indicate pass me and mouthing, "Sorry! Please go around."

One guy in the truck did not stop to help BUT did tell me I should call the local police to let them know about my traffic hold up. As I called and then hung up the phone my friend's husband arrived. He started to push, I steered and another person jumped out to help him.

Why is it only once someone starts to push a car do others seem to stop? I assume that is because they know exactly what the person needs and what they can do to help.

We got the car pushed into a fast-food restaurant parking lot next to an auto repair store. While I called Husband, who was of course at work and unable to help, I told him about my current predicament as my friend's husband, let's call him G. went to talk to the auto parts people. A few machines later the result was my battery had died again and they tested the alternator and it needed to be replaced.

Wonderful. Just, wonderful.

I purchased said part, had the car jumped so it had enough power to get to my friend's house and I arrived.

In the midst of all of this my friend had slipped clearing her shower/bathtub and had landed so hard on the downspout she bent and broke the pipe. Her husband, G., saved me to come home and do some plumbing.

Once G. was done with the plumbing he proceeded to then start to fix my car. By the time he had a tire off, not sure that was necessary, Husband had come home from work and together they fixed it. I think this is the second time Husband has replaced the alternator, if not the third time.

Anywho, we proceeded to eat, drink, be merry and talk and drink way too late into the night. My friend's shower was fixed and my car was able to run again.

What can you do right?

No comments:

Post a Comment