What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Fort Nights Are The Best

Husband and I are not huge in celebrating Valentine's Day. I shall now list my reasons and feelings for this statement.

  • It feels forced and so commercialized. It is just another holiday to go spend money on stuff not needed and food items that will ruin my New Years' resolution to lose weight/eat healthier. 
  • I am really bad at being romantic, my brain is honestly not wired to be all sappy and sweet. When Husband and I were still dating when I said the perfect line I would pat myself on the back for a WEEK. That much praise for saying one sentence or line correctly is kind of sad.
  • Holidays though advertised for weeks still seem to just pop out of nowhere and it stresses me out a bit. I am all for avoiding things that stress me out
  • I've worked in the restaurant world for too many years. This holiday can be NUTS with long waits, hungry people, specials, stressed out everyone trying to achieve that, "perfect" moment. No thank you. Next to Mother's Day, I run from going out to restaurants on Valentine's Day.
  • Out of the five love languages which are, Quality Time, Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, and Gift Giving, Gift giving is always number 5 for me. Number one and two are usually tied for Quality Time and Acts of Service. 
This is why we actually planned last Friday night not because it was Valentine's Day but because we were both off of work. 

What did we do? You can tell by the title, we built a fort. 

We've built forts in the past. It's a fun date night and we try to do it about once a year if not more. Plus it brings out the kids in anyone to say, I built a fort last night!

We normally built the traditional fort with sheets, chairs, and a ton of blankets and pillows on the floor. This time we went for something a little different. 

I looked at Husband and was like fort's don't always involve tents sometime's it just areas guarded by people. He agreed and set to work arming all of my teddy bears, making sure they covered all of the doors and windows to the living room in our house while I changed, cooked our frozen pizza dinner and put the movie on.

A few minutes later we were snuggled up to watch the new Aladdin. Side note, it was really cute! The bears protected us and kept us safe while we enjoyed the show. 

It was a good night!

What are your favorite silly date night activities? Leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment