What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Water No Ice Please

Photo by Jana Sabeth on Unsplash

I like my water without ice. If I honestly had the perfect water it would be just a little cooler than room temperature but not cold. 

I have been given a weird look by many friends and family members since most of them seem to enjoy super cold water. It isn't a teeth sensitivity as much as just my ability to chug the water if I so choose. 

I also dislike water fountains because I don't feel satisfied with them. Yes, I had some water but it just leaves me wanting more. If I have the option I'd rather fill a cup up from the water fountain and then drink.

I really like water but am bad at drinking it, so when I do remember it is normally is like let's make up for the last 4 hours without drinking water, chug, chug, chug. 

I also drink just water at restaurants. I have been, and continue to be, in the restaurant world. I am not trying to save a few bucks, I just don't like soda or tea. Even if I do order coffee or an adult beverage I also ask for a glass of water.

What has changed recently is the additional information with my water request. I have started to ask for no ice. I have hesitated on this request for years because drinks without ice slosh all over the place and as a former server that is stupid annoying. Just like martinis. Those are super cute glasses and usually pretty yummy BUT bringing them from point A to point B when not sitting AT the bar sucks, a whole bunch.

I would request no ice because I was trying to be nice to the server or whomever. However, I am 33 years old and if I don't want ice in my glass, then I'm going to use my voice and request no ice in my glass.

As silly as it sounds, so far so good. I also know that if I did get ice in my water I would not send it back and I would not complain. It is the same thing with lemons. If I get a lemon sweet if I don't get a lemon okay. It is water, and I'll live. 

To all my future servers, here is my apology in advance but I will not change. 

Does anyone else like room temperature water? Or need to always have ice in their drink? If so let me know with a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment