What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, August 16, 2020

A is for Apple Crisps


Fresh out of the oven

To start off this cookbook adventure I started at the beginning which is A for Apple Crisp. 

It apparently had been a really long time since I peeled apples because with a knife I was garbage so gave up and used a potato peeler. Much faster and it had better results.

Overall I think this recipe is okay. I didn't have the little cups they suggest putting the apples in so that might have changed the flavor. I do enjoy apple crisps but normally enjoy oats in the crumble topping. 

This was easy to make and would be great with a scoop of ice cream. I would make it again but probably double the recipe to get a more even layer of both toppings and apples if I don't get the cup things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment