What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What is Chilling?

??????
 
I must have been tired. I came home, passed out on my couch and didn't even take off my work badge until I started to kind of function again around 10pm. I think the only reason I even woke up in the first place is because my feet were cold. I don't know about anyone else, but next to random lights being on, cold feet will never let me fully sleep. Hence when I change my sheets in winter time, there are usually a few forgotten socks that jump out.

I woke up from my slumber and resigned to the fact that going to the gym was not going to happen. Dinner consisted of some Ramon noodles and some sleepy tea. Seriously, it says so on the box. I really care for tea, but after a 3 hour nap, I needed something to help put me back to sleep. 

So as I groggily sat there eating my noodles with a spork, I wondered two things.

First do you think the broth counts towards or against my daily requirements of water I'm suppose to drink per day?

Second, what exactly is chilling? I'm currently working hard to cut back my hours at work, yet what am I suppose to do with that time once I have it?

I had my sister and her husband and a friend over for dinner, games, and chilling on Sunday. We had tacos, played some Yahztee and watched some TV. We even were successful in putting a few more pieces of a puzzle together. 

It was getting late, like 9pm, they had to leave because my sister had to be up at like 4am. So now I was just chilling with my and we were watching the first episode of The Biggest Looser. It was just what was on, nothing more special then that. However, when they left I kept asking myself, is THIS what I'm fighting so hard for? To come home and watch amazing(< sarcasm) shows? To come home and sit on the couch and just sit? 

Even as I type this my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

Okay, on other days, I am assuming that after work I be able to go a gym class, have a drink with friends, go watch clouds or stars depending in daylight.

But at that point, it was 9:00pm and I was restless but had no idea what to do with myself. Seriously, as sad as it sounds, how do you just chill? What do you do? Does it count if you just go back and lay in bed?

For several years now, usually around 9:00pm I am either still at work or just finishing. So the next hour is usually taken up with laundry, finding food, and probably checking out people on Facebook, other random tasks for a while before going to bed.

That is really quite sad to be honest. I know it, you know it, we both agree. But moving beyond that, what is chilling? I feel like it is something I might need to put in google. Which is even MORE sad. I usually use google for fun facts or idea on how to be romantic, NOT how to relax. 

How do you chill? What counts as chilling? Does it depend on people? Is there a standard set of items? Seriously, I am at a loss, please let me know what chilling means to you.

Thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment