What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Paint Night Stary Style



Have you ever done a Paint Nite? If you haven't I would suggest you try. I've been to about 5 now. I quite enjoy them. I feel like I'm getting in touch with my inner Bob Ross.

At one point in my life I worked at a PBS station and saw HOURS of his show. I hate his cabins but love everything else. I thought it was amazing how he could paint a fantastic picture in 30 minutes.

Well, these Paint Nites are closer to two.hours, but you still walk away with a pictured. AND it looks pretty good.

If you've never heard of a Paint Nite it is just when a group of people meet up at local restaurants, hotels, or other public gathering spaces have a drink or eat something with or without other friends or family and paint a predetermined pictures. 

I love knowing that I made it. Also, seeing it go from blotches and randomness to actually a picture. 

The paint night pictured above is slightly different from the rest for a few reasons.

1. I forgot what name I signed up with. I just recently got married and am in the process of changing my name. Well, they didn't have my maiden name on the list but they did a roll call and had my married name there. Oops.

2. I went alone. I was different. Most of the time I've been with friends but this time it was all me. It was only kind of nice because I could really focus on the painting but a bit quite. I did have some nice people around me though that did talk with me.

3. I stepped it up on difficulty. I went for a medium. I would say it wasn't too bad, I just was more confused on directions and could get behind much faster. It was still cool.

4. I had my drink the second half of the class/event. It was all good it helped the stress that was vuilding. 

I cannot say it is amazing but it is defantly one of a kind. I recommend everyone try and get out there and enjoy some canvas and paint.


What  have your experiences been with a Paint Nite? Please leave a comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment