What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, November 16, 2015

Paintballing




A few weekends ago New Dude and his brother and I went paint balling. I've been one time before with my friend J. We were in the woods, used a Groupon, and had a blast.

It is such a crazy rush to have projectiles fly g by your body and KNOW they are intentionally going towards your head.

We'll this time was also fun, but maybe not a blast.

For one thing I was kind of out of it. I don't think my head was 100% in the game.

Also, the day before we had gone to Busch Gardens, so late getting into my mom's, a early morning and a late night.

So unfocused plus not the best, or to me, clear directions and a gun that kept jamming up.

It was going okay, until I got hit in the head. Not my face, the head where there was no protection. It hurt, but more than hurting I think it scared me and made me mad. I really hate people hitting my head. I think most people do but I think I'm overly sensitive about it.

When I went back to the rest area/shoot free zone/holding pen area I had sad face on. Sad face quickly turned to crying Shannon. Crying Shannon is not attractive. It makes New Dude very sad and confused and his brother even more confused and unsure on what to do.

As I stand there crying, trying to not let the other people hear/see me (I was like one out of 4-5 girls out of a group of 30+ people) New Dude was unsure of what to do. The whole time I had hot tears falling down my cheeks all I could think is "There is no crying in base..er paintball."

Well, after a few short moments and some tears I forge on and put my face mask back on and head out.

One game we play I get shot out and the shot again when walking out. That one really hurts and I say very loudly, "Son of a *%#€@!" The ref says they don't mean it. I said loudly that it doesn't mean it hurts any less.
Picture of mark from second shot.
I am now on the sidelines steaming a breathing hard and fighting back more tears.

The  silver lining is that I was able to pull myself together and stay composed for the rest of the time. 

Another paintball hit me in the head, less direct a second time, 

I got out pretty much every round but I think I did get one other person out.

Oh, and some bad ass bruises to wear to work. That is one thing they don't list on paintball sites, pictures of the bruises that you're more than likely going to get.
Yes, the answer is yes, I would go again. I think I need more layers, helmet, and to get my head focused into the game first. 


Has anyone else gone paint balling? Has anyone else had this kind of struggle during the game or another game? Please let me know with a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment