What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, March 7, 2016

Pondering


As of late I have been thinking a lot. I mean, a little bit more so than normal. I don't know if it the change in job, the change in boxes I get to check this year (married, 30), or what but I'm in the hunt for figuring out my big picture.

I don't know what this big picture is, because I cannot really get past the 5 year mark. However, I have had little moments of clarity as of late.

One of them, is actually going back to 2 years. I took one of the personality test things, I think by Gaullup Group. Their whole thing is to find out what your strengths are and build on them. Instead of trying to work kicking and screaming on the weaknesses you take that energy and put it on your strengths. That way you are taking those skills from good to great and finding others around you to help you where you are weak.

So, I'm on a hunt to find out what I like best. I haven't started a list yet but I hope too soon.

Finding out what I like best also reveals what I don't like, which is just as important as what I do like.

When trying to find the things that I enjoy, my passion, if you will, I also have to learn to accept some things. One example of this happened back in my early to mid twenties. I learned that I will never have the will power required to work out enough to loose enough weight to have a gap between my thighs. Now, that seems to be a silly shallow thing to worry or think about. I say not really only because of images of what a sexy beautiful woman is from the media is most always has a small gap between their thighs. Well, I'm starting to have a more grown up view of things.

One of these is New Dude and I will never be millionaires. That is okay, I can accept that, enjoy that, and work with that. Now, that being said, what is it that I want to spend my money on? Some people are foodies, some are shopaholics, some people like bling, or technology, or vacations, or giving gifts, or giving it all to charity. My goal and task at hand is try and figure out where I want to spend my money.

I am on another adventure of self discovery and trying to make positive changes for me and my family.

Has anyone else been on a journey or is currently on this journey as well? Any tips for a newbie? If so, please leave a comment below. Thank for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment