What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Poo No More


It's simple. My dog likes to eat cat poo. It makes me both very, very, sad and disgusted.

We didn't really have this problem with our other cat Moomba because she was outside most of the time. Honestly, I think the whole reason she went out in the morning was to do her business.

Well, new kitty, Lock, is going to be an inside cat. That being said, he has to go somewhere. His litter box is under our bathroom sink. I don't think there is ever a good place for litter boxes to be, but the bathroom seems like the best choice. I mean, I go there to poo, so why not the cat?

Anyway, our dog was a lot quicker than I was when it came to cleaning the box. He's sneak away and the next thing you knew, he's be chewing something suspicious. Not cool man, not cool.

Well, one day, day, I noticed some litter in the living room. He was taking his snack to go. That was it, I was done. 

So, with some left over PVC pipes from some pomp pomp shooters I made all the kids in my life for Christmas, I constructed the above device. It comes apart for easy cleaning. It blocks his head on the top, the bottom, and the bars make the space hard to get too. Grant it, he could just pull it out, there is nothing, currently, stopping it from being pulled out. However, until he figures that part out, I'm leaving it as is.

We're probably on about week 3 and so far, it seem to be doing a pretty good job. I haven't seen litter in odd places, him chomping guiltily on something brown. 

Anyone else have this issue with their dog? Do you suggest any other means to stop the poo eating/stealing? If so let me know with a comment below. As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment