What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

First 10 Minute Words

I think the first thing that you realize on your climb out of a depression is that there is so much to think about. While depressed it feels like most of your thoughts are the same, have the same shape, color, texture, taste and theme and it is on an endless loop in your mind. Day in and day out like a hamster in a wheel inside of cage. The same followed by more of the same. 

The day that you are able to break that cycle just a little, perhaps speed up the hamster wheel up a little or slow it down you realize that thing ARE able to change. Not all at one but just one little moment at a time. 

This, along with sometimes outside help, meds, therapy, a good friend, or possibly self help books, allows for life to slowly show itself again, inch by inch, day by day, moment by moment. 

This, is my inch and my moment, writing again. If you look at my blog, you will see some pretty large gaps in articles. No, I never forgot about my blog, I just was never able to put my fingers to the keyboard. No words would come, no pictures would inspire, no events were worthy of note or discussion. I cannot say things are now either, but what I can say is that I have the ability to try. To take my first steps towards the writing that has been lost for so long.

My goal and plan is to sit down and write at least once a week for 10 minutes at a time. That is all, no more, no less, just 10 minutes to get something down out of the attic of my head and onto the web. 

This my friends, my Adventurers, as I like to think of you as, is my first one. My first 10 minutes of solid writing that I have done in a while. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment