What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Halfway House


My cat, Lockness Monster, is a rescue cat. Black cats are some of the harder cats to adopt. They still have a lot of superstition  around them.

New Dude chose this cat because he was the only cat that was reaching out of the cage trying to pull you in to bite and scratch you. I think what he thinks is playful and what I think is playful might be different.We took him home the next day anyways.

Well by this point, we've probably had him for about 4 months. I cannot say that we are always getting along, but I do have less cuts on my hands and feet most days.

My newest attempt at bonding has been to sit with him on the porch. The dog will be in the yard and the cat and I will be sitting on the steps out front, watching cars pass and hearing the acorns fall.

He kind of likes it. I would say, he misses the freedom of being outside from back when he was feral. However, I think he enjoys the endless supply of cat food inside the house.

So now we have this compromise. He gets to be outside, feel the wind on his whiskers and sun on his back while I get to pretend he likes me and can cuddle him.

This is all until we teach him to walk on a leash......

No comments:

Post a Comment