What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Catering Time

**Please note this was a blog post that was lost in my drafts folder so this is probably from March.** 

I have this problem where I always have more than one job.

I think it stems for my need to have a Plan B, pretty much always in motion. I also think it is because I've had a second job for so long I feel lost and confused without one.

That being said, the other motivation is my desire to try and pay my student load off before I am 40. Wow, I haven't said those words out loud before, that made me stop for a minute.

For my second job I work for Mission BBQ, which is a newer chain of restaurants with a big heart.

I was part of a 3 person team that catered for the press and staff at the last home basketball game for the season at Virginia Tech.

I have been to that campus a few times with friends, for their Remembrance Run, for other catering events. Everytime I go there all I can do is be amazing at size of the campus, the friendliness of the people, the support of both staff, students, and alumni. It very impressive to say the least.

The event was easy, the trip up with great, and working with my co-workers was a lot of fun.

I write this blog post as a remembrance for that day. It wasn't anything super special, but it was a day. I slept in, missed a run, cleaned my car, did some laundry, took a shower, watched the dogs play in the back yard, and made a to-do list.

Today was not an amazing day but it was a good day with blue skies, white clouds, chilly winds, flowers blooming, and nice people.

I would say that I left the funniest part of the day to the end. I was at home, after stopping at Krogers for some wine, went downstairs to put a fire in the stove. I was having a hard time getting this fire to burn, so after some help from the fan, some time, and more paper I had the flames/coals going pretty good. I went to add another stick to the stove and when I tossed it in, the glove I was wearing went in with the wood. It slid right off my hand into the back part of the stove. It was gone.

I told my brother-in-law I had some bad news and some good news.I told him the fire was burning, I let some smoke out, and I threw his glove into the fire. I owed him a new pair. He immediately started to laugh, He said if I had to buy him a new pair of gloves that was a solid way to make that happen. =)

Go me. Anyone else fail at fire lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment