What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, July 17, 2017

Poison Me

Like in my post Zip Bee Do Da you know this year has been a bit rough on my skin. 

Two weeks after the fungi thing on my arm this happens



Big huge blotches that itch like crazy on both legs. My legs were swollen they were heavy and looked like kankles. I tried to fight out it out but when I went to the nurse that is at our office she was like you need more attention than I can give. I left early to visit the doctors' office.I receive a steriod shot in my upper butt/thigh and was sent home. 

By the next day most of the swelling had gone away but the itching, even a week and a half later is there and some of the red bumps. 

The doctor said it was probably poison ivy and I probably am just super reactive to it. That is wonderful because half my yard is filled with the stuff. 


So this was me ready to weed wack in my back yard. Long shirt, overalls, boots, and two bandannas. I will let you know I sweated my butt OFF!

But, no new marks on my face, arms, or legs so I will have to try this method again. Or goats, I really want to borrow some goats. 

Do you have a reaction like mine to poison ivy? If so please leave a comment below with any suggestions on how to avoid it, treat it, or just advice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment