What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Fairness

So since I haven't done anything exciting today but fall asleep after meditating and I still wanted to write but didn't have a topic.

I looked into my drafts folder and saw this, little gem and figured I'd just run with it, so let's go.

All the time you hear the word fair being thrown around. I think it can be an over used just like OCD. Just because you like your stuff to be in order or organized or just your way does NOT make you OCD. You are watering down a condition that some people really struggle with! I digress, that might be another post.

I wasn't feeling this from the original.
I feel that there are times when things should be kept as fair as possible. This pretty much would be children until they are like 20. After that then if things go more towards how relationships are, who helps mom and dad etc, let things lay they want.

Fairness is an idea that people want to be true. However, it simply is not always the way things works. I say this not for people to give up and start stealing from neighbors, cheating on tests, or anything dramatic like that, I'm just stating a fact.

Life is not fair.

I like to think of acting fair is like diet and exercise. It is something you can control so you the best you can by being physically fit and the proper weight. However, these two thing don't mean anything if you get hit by lighting or something else random. Trying to do the right thing and keep things fair is our attempt to control this very unpredictable unfair world. I think, like diet and exercise, it is the right thing to do, it is the smart thing to do, and best option for everyone. I think it is something everyone, including myself, should strive towards but understand that not everyone is after the same goal.

It is also my belief that by the efforts in which people try to keep things fair are also not created equal. Example; if you wanted to keep your dog food even by feeding your Great Dane the same amount as you do a Beagle, well this will only end in tears.

This, coming from a non kid house hold so feel free to judge, treating your kids the same level of respect, fairness, and equality is a must. Yet, your kids are not the same, do not always require the same type of treatments, care, or money which causes all kinds of confusion. The only think you can do is try the best you can. Sadly, not even until they are out of the house. Trying to keep things fair between kids is one of those now and forever type things that comes with making the choice to become a parent. If you don't want to be fair, keep it one kid please and save the world and probably your kids a world of emotional baggage.

That's it, not anything to crazy, just some word vomit for your pleasure. Enjoy and have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment