What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, December 8, 2019

High Ropes Course Birthday


A few weeks ago my mother turned another milestone year. She was kind of bummed about it but let's be honest after you hit 26(can I say rent a car whenever I want without fees please?) birthdays can be less than enthusiastic.

Over the last few years, my brother and I have been getting together to give her some kind of adventure. She and my brother have taken some of these like champs!

This year instead of a surprise I actually asked her what she wanted to do between two options. The first being going to see the musical Hamilton or a high ropes course, she chose the high ropes course.

I have been a few times with Husband, but not to a Go Ape before. We picked a date, she picked the course, I bought the tickets for her, my brother, and my stepdad and it was a done deal,

I came into to town visit her for a few days and then it was TIME!

I had to laugh because of the 4 of us on this adventure I was the only one who had done this before. Also, I found out, or maybe for the first time paid attention, that my mom was afraid of heights. My brother jumps out of planes so he was a no issue. My stepdad seemed to do pretty well since he goes in trees for hunting all the time.

The experience went really well. We all signed in, went to the restroom, put on or pulled off layers, then once it was our time went over with the instructor to be put into a harness, taught how to use the equipment, read the signs, and how to properly navigate the course. They had a little demo area that you practiced and passed before going to the actual course and then we were off!

I have to even admit a few times my stomach clenched up with some fear as I did a Tarzan swing into a cargo net. Also, it's been a while since I've climbed in a cargo net, those are harder to do then I thought. Mom did amazing, along with my brother and stepdad. We waited and encouraged and laughed at each other the whole time. It was great!

The end result is that we all had a good time. My mom was able to cross of zip lining and high ropes course off her bucket list and she asked that we do this again next year for her birthday. I told her done!

During the course, my stepdad took a video of me on the zip line. I keep laughing at it each time because I was trying to go straight but quickly lost it and apparently my mind at the same time.

Please note Go Ape didn't ask me to write this review or talk about their services. It was just a good day and I wanted to share.

Has anyone else done a high ropes course? Did you enjoy it? What part did you like the least? What was your favorite? Leave a comment below and thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment