What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Brain Dump

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash
Today's post is going to have no real theme. I am just going to take a few minutes and talk about things bouncing around in my head. There is no rhyme nor reasonn so sit back and enjoy about 7 minutes of random things. Thank you and good luck.

The holidays were way more fun as children. The colors, the lights, the presents and the just the overall anticipation. As an adult, I feel more stress and pressure and not just due to monies spent. I feel like the time from last Christmas to next Christmas gets shorter and shorter and the expectations to run around get more and more.

The internet owns us all now. Good or bad everyone is connected to it. It is almost as important if not more so than electricity. That kind of scares me.

I do not like to read electronic books. However, I love audiobooks. Does that make me a hypocrite?

While folding socks and undies today I realized probably have more than 20 pairs for each. That's a lot, right? Also, why do I talk about underwear in as if it is a pair of underwear if it is clearly only one? Is it the two-leg holes that make it a pair?

In therapy, I am learning about feelings. I still do not understand them I still do not like them but I feel like I am getting a little bit better at actually identifying the feelings instead of just happy, mad and sad. Being able to do that really helps figure out the root issue. I think that is weird but fun.

I have also learned that your mind does crazy things to protect itself. I have no idea why it is even doing it. One of the big things I have learned is when you change statements from you to I can be huge. One example: You know how you feel like your friend relationships are changing and you don't know if you want them to or what to do with that information? Now try saying it like. I know that my relationships with my friends are changing and I don't know if I want them to change or how to handle the fact that they are. Profoundly different statements.

I still firmly feel that love is a verb and not an adjective. Every day I wake up and try my best to show my love and work for the love I have for my Husband, my family, and friends.

I love walking around with big fuzzy wool socks in the wintertime.

I think too much and it distracts me from being present.

Every day is a new opportunity to try again and try harder yet sometimes when I fail to meet my goals and expectations day after day I wonder what's the point? Then someone points out that my goals and expectations might be too high, unrealistic, and never achievable. Which boils down to I set myself up to fail. Isn't that insane?

I am not crazy.

I could become a crazy cat lady but not with Lock. He and I are not friends and I do not see that changing anytime soon. Honestly, I don't know why he doesn't like me. It bothers me some times but then I play with Teach and yell F. U. Cat!

My fingers are cold.

Running with Teach yesterday was good because he got exercise and I finished my mileage goal. Bad because I was frustrated several times. I hope I can get up earlier enough this week to try again with him in a different setting.

Okay, that's probably the top layer. I'm going to stop here to keep from going down any wormholes.

Thanks for reading maybe we'll do this again some time?

If you would also like to brain dump feel free with a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment