What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, June 25, 2012

Card Shopping



I am a big believer in sending people cards. Well, actually more like anything that you can put a stamp on and the mail person will deliver. I like to think that getting a card, with usually a pretty cool picture and words/poems/sayings/jokes that is better written that I can do, combined with my chicken starch can put a small smile on someone’s face, even for half a second.

Plus, I assume most people are like me, and I mostly get junk mail and bills in my mail box. Who wouldn’t enjoy pulling some plastic fruit or a colorful prink envelope out instead of someone telling you owe them money?

It was this thought that I went to get a card to celebrate the birth of my friend’s first baby.

I looked at a few “It’s a Boy” balloons and cards and all I could think was Duh! I mean, first they’ve known it was a boy for the last few months. Are we trying to convince ourselves or the parents the sex of their kid? Or it is suppose to be a way of showing you paid attention by getting the proper balloon and or card? I didn’t like it. I went with the Angry Birds Balloon. However, the one I grabbed was attached to a stick. It wasn’t until I was in my car that I realized why. The balloon didn’t float. Well boo on me.

So after choosing not to tell the new parents the obvious, that they just had a baby boy, I decided to go with a blank card. These usually had one saying on the front or some cute picture. I knew the cards were blank inside, yet every card I picked up, I had to flip open. Why? I have no idea, I couldn’t stop by self. By about the 8th time I did this I started to laugh out loud. Why do I keep expecting there to be words when I’m standing in the blank card section? I felt like a goldfish with my memory only lasting 3 seconds. Each time I opened the blank card I was first surprised there was nothing witty inside and then was like duh! Some days I’m a slow learner. This was one of those days.  

I went with card that had Super Woman on it. I felt like it was appropriate. I then wrote who knows what in the card. I think winging cards, speeches, and pick up lines are straight up bad ideas for me. That and my hand writing is so poor that trying really hard to make it more legible actually does the opposite. Oh well.

Mom, baby, and dad are doing fine all thanks to my card. Ha, just kidding, they were doing before then, now they had another half a second to smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment