What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Curly is best.


To show how long my hair is and my cool unicorn.
I think everyone has a favorite body part or characteristic about themselves they enjoy. For some people there are lots of things they like while others have a much smaller list. I feel like I have a lot of pros and cons and I'm going to talk about one of my pros today. My hair.

If you've seen my profile picture you can see that I have brown curly hair. I like my hair. It is one of those attributes that I enjoy. Like most people, as a child I hated my hair. I didn't hate it to the point I wanted straight hair, I just always had my hair up. It was always in a pony tail, braid, bun, or something, always back up always pulled up.

Things like that probably would have continued if I hadn't hacked my hair off one night so that it was too short to pull up. That is a story for another day. I was forced to wear it down all the time for several months. When I could finally put it in a pony tail it was like I had stolen the tail off of a poodle. It was a tiny little puff at the back of neck. Quite funny actually. Sometimes I miss it.

I enjoy my hair more once I discovered moose. For any of those ladies with curly hair use moose. It helps with the frizz without the crinkly and weight of gel. I have been using Tresemme as recommended by a fellow curly haired friend. I use their moose and their curl conditioner. That leaves me with super soft fluffy curls. Not always, but most days.

Two funny facts about curly hair. If it rains, most people start to groan and whine and complain. Personally I love it! It turns my curls into tight ringlets that I like to boink. Sure the frizz goes up a bit, but walking outside in the rain, everyone runs and hides because their hair is getting "ruined" Not me, I walk through it proudly and usually without an umbrella because water isn't going to do anything. Plus every time I do this, it confirms that I'm not the Wicked Witch of the West. On those really rough slightly bitchy days I like to double check. 

I do miss the ability to run my fingers through your hair. I've probably straightened my hair about a dozen times now, and the whole time I just comb my fingers through it over and over and over. With curly hair, I cannot just run my fingers through my hair. I could, but it breaks up the curls and my  hair  would triple in volume so I would look like Frankenstein Monster's wife or some chick from the 80s. Not being married to a monster and the 80s being several years ago, I think I shall pass. I can however, twist, twirl, boink, and kind of pat the curls. Anything else.... well it just doesn't work out for your best interests.

I enjoy my hair. Here's a Haiku

Part Identity
Bouncy, soft, brown, little curl
How you make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment