What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, August 17, 2012

Why I'd be a Cat.

I am more of a dog person. I think it is their blind loyalty, they are always happy to see you, easily bribed with food, and they can be brought on hikes, walks, and runs. I guess not all dogs, but the kind I like Spaniels, hounds, labs, bigger dogs.

However, if I had to be reincarnated as an animal I would be a cat. I’d prefer to be something bad ass like a tiger, but I would settle for a stripped tabby cat. (I’m leaving this here but I just checked it out on Wikipedia. Saying stripped tabby cat is like saying you want a large grande size coffee at Starbucks.) Here are the reasons why.
Balance: Something I lack in my current life. If you were to pick me up and drop me, I would not land on my feet. More than likely, I’d be on my butt trying to kick your shins for being mean.

Retractable claws: Who doesn’t want these? One minute you’re nice and then next minute you have small razors sticking out your hand to take out someone’s eyes. Kind of fantastic. There other uses are to help climbing trees, ruining furniture, scratching backs and maiming people.
Purring: I love the fact that when they are happy or content they purr. A low grumbling feeling that says I’m at peace and doesn’t require my tail to move.

Tails: Not all cats have tails, some of them are tailless and that makes me sad. However, I love the way the end of their tails, when they are like laying on the couch or something just twitch. It is just fun. That and if they are sitting on the top of the couch they always seem to make sure you don’t forget about them by always putting their tail in your face. Devious.
I do think a dog growling is a lot scarier than a cat hissing. You win puppies you win.

Now it’s your turn, what would you want to be and why? Leave me a comment or just look to the right and take a vote.

2 comments:

  1. You told me once you wanted to be a cat because they do the most amazing stretches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler, you're right, that is another great reason to be a cat.

    ReplyDelete