What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Brain Waves

 
This weekend was a productive one with family visiting, having them help with some yard work, some good food and just great company.
 
Well New Dude was suppose to come meet some members he hadn't met before. However, because of work, classes, and him doing some sparing, well, he was delayed and didn't get in until everyone had gone to bed.
 
I was laying on the couch dozing and watching Saturday Night Live, when I hear the door.
 
He comes in and I'm excited to see him, but apparently not enough to get off the couch.
 
I ask if he is hungry, if so there is pizza (homemade) on the stove and to help himself. I was suppose to put it away but hadn't found the motivation.
 
So from the living room I start to hear drawers opening, the familiar sound of aluminum foil being pulled out and used. I'm pretty sure he is putting it on the pizza to be nice but I have to ask, "Hey babe, what are you doing?"
 
"Making a hat so the aliens cannot read my brain waves."
 
I giggle and say okay. More moving of stuff and then I hear him headed towards the living room. I hope my small little hope that he actually has a aluminum foil hat on.
 
New Dude didn't want to be a liar so he HAD to wear the hat. It was fantastic and made me laugh and smile.
 
Once pizza and TV time was over we went to our respective rooms and left the foil hat on a stuffed animal in the living room.
 
Suffice to say, by the time we got up, there was some explaining to be done. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment