What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Meet .....?


I am please to introduce you to .... she is my newest car.

I was not happy to have to give up my beautiful and colorful Eleanor, however, she was making traveling anywhere that was not in the city, problematic. Also, her being my one and only vehicle and no real sure back up ideas besides leaning VERY heavy on all my friends, if something did happen, bit the bullet and got a new car.

This one came as both a fantastic opportunity and price. As you could tell from the last post, I was doing some research. The paperwork taking a bit longer then I had hoped, I didn't get to drive .... until this week.

When she did arrived, through the parents taking some time off to have her come bring her to me, she had something go wrong with a sensor or something.

Okay, to hear, hey here's you're car and where is the nearest care dealership, well it will hurt any one's feelings. I was a tad upset, I just received my "new" car and already sick? Is this a sign of things to come or just a freak accident?

In the end, does it really matter? I now have payments to make for a while, she is mine regardless, get her fix and move on. The only thing you can do.

So some things that make me giggle thus far in our relationship.

1. I bought a new 13.1 sticker and had to put it on the tuck because her bumpers, unlike Eleanor's, are plastic.

2. Sun roof, yeah, I have one, it is kind of awesome.

3. I am not used to the power or the breaking. Everything took longer with Eleanor, there is more jerking and less fluid then I'd liked to admit.

4. BUTTONS! Dude, there are buttons for everything! It is almost as much fun as the elevators in Vegas with how many random buttons she has.

5. While driving, I was like, man, what is with this seat? It is so overwhelming. Well, I'm just not use to a full seat all the way up my back. Eleanor's was a little low, non-adjustable, and went all the way across.

Even though she is not Eleanor am excited about this new chapter with my new car. Especially since she will be going to a good home. She is being adopted by a high school student who, loves her squishy interior and bigness. Plus, she isn't as ugly as her friends van, so she's doing well. =)

So even though there are some differences and had some unexpected problems, I am excited for my new car ...

If you haven't guessed it yet, my new car doesn't have a name! I still don't know her very well, but if you have any ideas or suggestions please leave a comment below or on the facebook page! Thanks and have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. I think that she should be named Abigail. I like the name and it has a a meaning of "fountain of joy" which it seems to have already brought you. I am glad that you have a newer car so that you can come and go as you please. Let me get it sometime and I will wax her up as part of your Birthday gift. --- Your favorite brother - in - law. JSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Abigail. I shall have to try it out tonight. Thanks JSD!

    ReplyDelete