What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, November 8, 2013

Arguments Twins Have

Old picture but it works
Some people may or may not know, but I am actually part of a pair. I am technically twin two.

My sister and I are fraternal twins This means two eggs and two sperms chilling at the same time in the same place. If we were identical it would have been one egg, one sperm, that split. For the record it took me years to remember this information. Little kids care more about crayons then what kind of twin they are. I also added us into a new category which is natural. I say this because with all the invetro fertilization, they use more then one egg and sperms at the same time in hopes that something sticks. Sometimes when it sticks, more then one sticks and now twins. Twins by doctors not by chance or family history.

I was just talking to a co-worker about my sister. I was telling her about her natural ability when it comes to sports and music and just a lot of things in life. I don't have these skills.

When I played sports, I have to work at it, it takes me a while to get comfortable and build that knowledge of how everything works. When we played one season on a soccer team, I struggled, until probably about this season(4th season for the record), while she came on the filed and owned it the first day.

Sad to say, she hasn't played in a while, but when she did walk on the filed after a few years of not playing, she owned it to say the least. 

When we were in band together, she never practiced and could sight read like a boss. I struggled pretty much every time I put the instrument to my lips. Band was one of my many love hate relationships in life.

I was explaining this and told my co-worker about how I would blame her for taking things form me. And when I say things, usually abilities or genes, not jeans. Also, for the record she did take jeans from me too in high school.

I have bad eyes, lungs, knees, weird skin, and technically still two baby teeth. My sister has none of these ailments and had more teeth then she needed.

We have an on going argument to each other saying random things like you stole my teeth. You took the good joints. You took the good eyes. You took the curl out of my hair. Things like that.

It wasn't until this moment, this actual moment, that I realized how bizarre that is. Blaming someone for taking your teeth? Really? That and this is defiantly not a conversation that just siblings have. I mean, how could I blame my brother who's 2 years older then us for taking my teeth? I cannot with him, but with my twin? Apparently yes.

I was going to write more about my trip, but this whole realization of what kind of weird game of blaming someone for taking things threw me for a loop and had to share.

Are their any other twins out there that do the same thing? Is this just an us thing? Is this very weird for all you non-twin peoples? Leave a comment below and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. No matter what twins blame someone of taking, I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete