What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I take an international trip part 1 of ?

So my friend V. and I keep trying to take a yearly trip. We went camping last year and took a cruise the year before that. This year, we're headed to Jamaica as you learned from the blog I booked a trip.

Now, we're on the adventure. The first part of my adventure started at 2am to drive to an international airport, which was 3 hours away.

Don't worry it was as exciting as you think it could be plus a little.

I packed the night before, and even was lucky enough to get a tiny little nap, followed by getting up, showering and hitting the road by 2:30am.

Now, it being me, something went kind of wrong.

The first thing, was I should have stopped for coffee before even getting on the road. I was waiting for a place about an hour down the road. That first hour was rough. Filled with random songs, hot and cold air and probably a tiny bit of swearving and face smacking.

I pull into the truck stop, get my coffee, which by the way sucked, some snacks, and headed back on the road.

I had brought some bottled water from home. I also had the bright idea to put the full bottle between my legs to unscrew the top. This genius idea I blame on lack of sleep. What happens when you're gently squeezing a bottle of water with your thighs and unscrew the top?

You guessed it. Water went all over my pants. Sa vice to say, I was woken up. Nothing makes you feel more alive then some nice cool water all in your lap. This isn't the first time I've gotten water all over my pants either. Remember the No, I did not pee my pants, post? It must just be my thing.

I'm driving on an interstate, luggage is in back back, I have no towels, no napkins, or at least not enough, and so I'm sitting there just feeling the water soak into my jeans.

I did what any reasonable person would do. Took my pants partway off in hopes of them not being on my body would dry them faster and turned on the seat warmers in hopes my underwear would dry out. Good thing the sun was still set that is for sure.

Fast forward an hour and half sleepy time later. Pants are still wet. Underwear is still wet. I'm about to arrive at an airport with wet pants.

Nope, not going to happen. I stopped at a rest area, changed pants, put my jeans in the check bag, and continued on my way.

So far, from there, everything is going well. Picked up form the parking lot with a shuttle. Check in was super smooth. Security scanned by body and stuff. Everyone is sleepy but nice.

Let's hope wet pants is all that happens for the traveling part of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment