What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Book Review - Crazy Rich Asians Triliogy by Kevin Kwan

Photo by JOSHUA COLEMAN on Unsplash
Please note, starting off this post, this image is not from the book. I am pretty sure I am not able to put the book covers on my post. But this picture by Mr. Coleman makes you feel all rich and fancy right?

The point of this post is not the picture but the books! They are so good! Honestly, they have twists, they have turns, they have characters that you love and love to hate.

I mean, I know the first book has been made into a movie which was also so cute!

The books, like most books are always better. The movie did a good job in keeping with the books  over all story but it's tiny details that just brings this world alive.

I haven't had the pleasure, at least yet, to see all the places mentioned in the books. When the characters are going across the world you are right there with them.

Don't forget about the food. I want to try everything described being put in their mouths. I enjoy all the food I eat when I travel, but this is at a whole new level I want to be apart of in the future.

This isn't really a review as much of a push to say go read this fun series. It will make you laugh, it will make you tear up, but thankfully it wont make you want to throw it. I've done that before, and you feel really guilty hurting a book.

Did anyone else read this book? If so, who's your favorite character? I'll share mine if you share yours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment