What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, October 11, 2020

I is for Ice Cream Sandwich




I made this recipe on 7.21.2020 and I have to tell you that this was probably one of my favorite items I made for the first time out of this book. 

The whole process is kind of long because first, you have to make and cool the cookies. Then add the ice cream and let it sit for a while, and then melt and add the chocolate and then again, let the cookies set again. I would say the whole process took about 2 and a half hours but with lots of breaks. 

All these steps are totally worth it. The cookies honestly taste like something found in a store except better because I know that I made them. 

The peanut butter recipe itself was a solid tasty recipe. The cookies were firm but still a little crumbly which I enjoy in a peanut butter cookie.

For the ice cream, I used cookie and cream because it is one of Husband's favorite kinds. I also think that was a good choice. Honestly, any kind of ice cream could go well with this cookie. Vanilla, chocolate, coffee, chocolate chip, cookie dough, anything that pairs with peanut butter. 

Dipping half the cookie in chocolate, I really think that was the kicker to the whole thing. The last step that just pushed it over the edge to amazing. These did not last long in our house. 

To store them I wrapped them individually in plastic wrap. I think putting them in a zip lock bag or container for longer storage would have been a good idea but, again they did not last. 

The peanut butter cookie recipe did say it would make 30 cookies aka, 15 sandwiches, but I only had 24 cookies. I think it was my cookie scoop I used. 

Husband enjoyed these but Broha did the most damage to this batch eating about half of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment