What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, October 18, 2020

J is for Jelly Roll


This recipe was made on July 22nd. I was very excited to make it. I enjoy watching some cooking shows. I would say my top favorites are Nailed It! and The Great British Baking Show. These are from both ends. The first end being people that are probably a danger to themselves and loved ones and the top of the top in baking skills that don't own their own shop. 

Well in The Great British Baking Show they always seem to have some kind of rolled, sponge in their competition. Sponge is the British term for cake. 

I have, to my memory, cooked a cooled cake before so I was super excited. To try this recipe. I know that I have done rolled items before, like failed attempts at cinnamon rolls, or the Elephant Ears, but again not with a cake. 
 

I followed the directions step by step, put it in a normal baking sheet since I don't have a proper jelly roll pan. 

Once it was fully cooked, I think I overcooked it, I put it on my towels covered in powdered sugar, and immediately rolled it up and let it sit for about 30 minutes. 

Once the 30 minutes ended I unrolled the cake, filled it with some homemade raspberry jam from Husband's aunt, and then re-rolled the cake. 

It looked pretty good and it tasted okay. The powdered sugar made a huge mess like it always seems to do. The presentation was nice and I would try it again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment