What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, December 7, 2012

Hot Now = Stop

There are some reasons that no matter what you’re doing or where you’re going you must stop. Krispy Kreme Hot Now Sign being on is one of those reasons.
I was not a Krispy Kreme fan when I was younger.  I think it was because these were always in our church after mass. Cold, sweet, and not filling. Everything changed the day I was introduced to the Kirspy Kreme Hot Now Sign. This large florescent orange/red sign burning itself into my soul.
Okay, that was a little dramatic, but have you ever had one of these fresh off of the belt? Watching them take their ride on the conveyor belt, into the hot oil, through a waterfall of icing? No other doughnut can beat a hot fresh Krispy Kreme doughnut. Unless it has the word Amish or Grandma’s in front of it, at least.
So driving to meet a friend for dinner I was passing by the store. The light is on.
Like a moth to a bug zapper I instantly turn in. I walk through the doors, a few people are chatting while enjoying coffee and doughnuts, it smells like how I would like heaven to smell. I order my two doughnuts.
Over the years I’ve learned this is the best number for me. The first one you eat so fast you barely taste it. The second one satisfies the craving. The third, can be done, but is getting very close to the sugar coma line. By 4, yes I’ve eaten 4 in one sitting before,  there is the instant shakes and sugar overload. You go from feeling good and just a little guilty to your entire organs are now vibrating.  You can almost feel the release of insulin that is needed to process these fried treats. In other words you feel like crap. So my limit is two.
I as one lady brings me out my two little fried puffs of heaven, one lady is ringing me up.  The angel with the fresh doughnuts starts to fumble with a bag. I kindly tell her, no need for the bag. I’m about to eat these now right now. They give me a puzzled look. This is confusing; because you’d think that because of the seats in the place they would have had that answer before.
I sit at my little white table with two chairs. After sending a boasting picture to a friend, I dig in. Only about 3 minutes later these morsels have been devoured, the fingers have been licked clean, and the trash thrown away. With another thank you so much to the employee at the cash register, I head out to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment