What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Um.. Do You Know the Address?

Image courtesy of "Stuart Miles" - view portfolio / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Last night I was actually off from work. I had a spent a good portion of my day just hanging out with my friend and her little baby. However, like most days, I have plans to see a few different people. After helping remake a soup that kind of went astray, I had to clean up and head out of a company Christmas Party.

This party was being held at the bosses house. I had never been to his house before. 

So before running out the door, I did the smart thing and pulled up the e-mail with the address, carefully put it in my GPS and headed out. 

So far so good. Point for me!

I arrived in the neighborhood started to try and find the house. The GPS put me in front one of one house, and with her computer voice said, "Arriving At Destination."

Problem. I don't know any of these cars. I don't see anything familiar at all. However, this isn't too worrisome only because  this party was going to have a bunch of our board members. I don't even know the names or how many people are on the board, so not knowing most the people was expected.

Looking into the house, from sitting in my car like a creeper, it looks like it is ready for a party. It has tables with cups and glasses. But I don't really see that many people. At this point, I personally, am about an hour late instead of my indented 30 minutes, so I feel like MORE people should be there.

A gentleman who had parked at about the same time as me, had gone into this house in question. He was returning to his car for unknown reasons so I took my chance. 

I got out and walked over and and something cleaver like, "Excuse me sir, do you know the house number for this house?" 

He looked at his paper and was like 4877, the Smith residence. I was like oh. Do you by any chance know the James Bond residence is. (I actually said the correct last name but that is what he heard.) Which of course made him laugh and say no. I thanked him once again and headed out.

I was looking for 4677 so I needed to circle the neighborhood once more. My second pass, going up a little further than the first house I tried to stop in, I saw some cars I knew.

The house address was only on the mail box and in gold letters, so I backed up and made sure to shine my car lights on them to double check it was the right house before continuing. 

It was the correct house. So, putting on my smile again, I walked to the door and decided to ring the door bell just in case.

An unknown person answered the door, but after a quick glance around, I saw someone I new and came in.

The good news, it is a great way to start a conversation of why you're late. Just try and go to the wrong party.

Has this ever happened to you? If so leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment