What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, December 28, 2012

Klondike Logic

Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Most days after working both jobs I get home and am hungry but don't really want much to eat. Plus, most of the time my fridge hasn't magically filled with food while I was away. I keep opening the door about 6 times to confirm this though. If I have yogurt or milk I'm excited. The milk is the most important food item. More often than not, I eat cereal for dinner.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE cereal. If I ever had a dog or more preferably, 3, I would name them General Mills, Post and Kellogg's. If I had a cat I'd name it Quaker. 

The other week I was having a rough day and trying to figure out if I wanted beer or something sweet.

I went with something sweet. I was torn between Ben and Jerry's as a nice late night splurge, or maybe something like oh... I don't know, a Klondike bar. After texting a friend and flipping a coin, the answer was a Klondike bar.

However, I didn't want just one, I wanted a pack. 

Have you seen how many different kinds they now have? I had no idea I was going to have the option of Recess, Mint, Dark Chocolate, Original, Crunch Shell, or Heath Bar Shell. Where is a variety pack when you need one? I looked, they didn't have one.

So, after opening the door and shutting it about 3 times and having two different people pass me and give me a weird look because my worried face was on, I went with Original. I knew it would be amazing and I couldn't risk, on that day, to be disappointed.


So I took my treasure home with other exciting items such as work shoes and sole inserts and socks maybe?

After everything was unloaded I, put on my footie PJs and pulled one of the silver treats from the plastic wrapped cardboard coffin.

With high hopes I bit into this comfort food. Surprise, it kind of worked. Not as good as a run, but at 12am, eating is probably after than running in the dark. Plus, Wal-mart employees have more crazy people to deal with than a crazy girl wearing a face mask and knee braces just trying to get a mile or two in.

For the next few days, this Klondike bar became my dinner. I am putting it in the diary part of the food pyramid.

However, I could only eat one. If I ate two I was a fatty.

However I HAD to eat one because otherwise they would not go away. I had to make them go away so I could start eating real dinners of cereal and cheese sticks again....yeah.

So go have yourself a nice fulfilling dinner of a Klondike bar, just one, not two. 

What is your go to late night dinner?

*For the record, I know the Klondike bar isn't in that picture. I didn't have any left to take a picture with because I ate them. Add to it that I didn't want to face copy right law issues/trademark issues, I went with this one. Thanks!*

No comments:

Post a Comment