What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Baby!

Baby
My sister just had a baby.

My other sister's and friend have had babies. Every time I am very happy for them. I am excited, proud, scared, and am there to root them on. Also bring food, sweets mostly, and stay far away for a little bit.

However, this new baby, is my TWIN sister's baby.

It has been kind of crazy for me emotionally actually.

I think her hormones are affecting me because I feel an epic week of PMS coming. I even already apologized/warned New Dude about this. As females go and as PMS go, I am usually pretty good. I have one bitch/angry day and that's it. This one, I feel will not be as smooth sailing. Stupid over whelimg pregnancy hormones.

I've held this little one. She looked like a creepy alien when I first held her, the first day she was born. She had the cone head and goop all over her eyes. Scray.

This is day 2 and she looks a lot better. More like a baby should look.

A few thoughts this newest edition to the family has caused to bounce around my skull.

She doesn't look like anyone yet. She just looks like a baby.

The whole idea of my TWIN having a baby just scares the crap out of me. How is it that she is so in this stage of her life and I am not? (I cannot say prepared because who in their right mind is prepared for this huge of a life alterting event? Even if they say they are, they aren't. They just have told themselves a better lie then most people.) I then take a step back and a breath and go, this is her time line, not mine. Mine is just a bit slower. Always has, always will, but it fits me, not her, so it is okay. (Probably to the slight stress and dismay of the parent folk.)

I am also astounded about how proud I am of her and her husband. She just had a BABY! Holy crap that deserves rings, trophies, songs, and probably a parade. (This also goes for any woman who has had a baby.)

When around the new parents I can see the love radiating off of each other a poorly placed back light. They are taking it in stride, they are learning, they are helping, they are doing it the way it works for them, in other words, I believe they will be great parents. I can see it on their faces and it makes me both so happy for them and am slightly in aw, and yet still scared shit less of babies.

After having now been around quite a few new  born babies, I think my scared face isn't as etched on, but it is still there. I can feel it. Hopefully they cannot see it as much.

Anyone else have first baby experiences running through their heads? If so leave a comment below! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment