What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, July 12, 2013

World War Z


So I really wanted to make Tuesday's post about the blitz trip to NYC with New Dude.

However, working two jobs, having a blitz trip to NYC kind of took all my energy away from me. Sad excuse I know.

Wednesday night though, we had another adventure. We went to go see the new movie World War Z.

I went with New Dude, his brother and little cousin.

Now, let's start this off with the fact that I did go to this movie voluntarily. Also, that I even asked to go see this movie.

Also, note that I DON'T DO SCARY MOVIES. This, was not a horror movie, however it was a scary movie and a suspense movie. That means, I was kind of excited to see it, but by the time my butt was sitting in the chair and my hands already covered in popcorn butter, I was regretting this decision.

The PREVIEWS for the other movies were already freaking me out. I was doing the whole ears being plugged with fingers and eyes closed before the movie even started. What kind of set up is that? Why is there not a couch to hide behind? Or at least a pillow or blanket to put over my face?

I have never read the book, I might now, but New Dude's Broha had, and he like most of the reviews I read on-line said, they only had the title in common. That's fine.

I did have to be told to breath a few times, and I jumped out of my seat about 6 times, at least. Followed by some serious hand squeezing I survived the movie. Everyone really enjoyed the movie but it New Dude's little cousin and that I were still very shaken that random pictures of faces in bathrooms were making us jump.

So, like the adult I am, I kindly asked New Dude not to go to his brother's place like originally planned. I needed him to stay with me to protect me from zombies. I know it was selfish, even told him that, but I really have a wild imagination so....I needed a non-empty house to be in.

To help ease my mind after the movie we broke down, cleaned, and put together some guns. Also, worked on some basic gun drawing skills. Followed by an episode of Burn Notice.

I'm posting a video for you to enjoy. Go see World War Z, Brad Pitt and the cast did a great job of making it realistic, scary, and makes you think a little bit.



Better video uploaded tonight I hope. Until then enjoy this wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment