What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, July 19, 2013

Pop's Ice Cream & Soda Bar


Store Front

So I love to be a tourist all the time any time. This means pictures, this means bringing people along to try these new things with me.

Well in my town we have a little place called Pop's that I had heard nothing but good things about. Not only was the food suppose to be good but they had a real soda fountain. I kept wanting to go visit but never actually put forth the effort.

Well the other day, I told New Dude that is where I wanted to go for date night.



So after circling the block just once, I was able to park. There had been spots, but due to some people on a scooter not paying attention, they got up on my tail and did not leave enough room for me to parallel park. 

We walked in the door and saw a small little shop with lots of people. Looking lost and unsure a guy cleaning the tables told us to seat ourselves and once we know what we want to order at the register.

So we opened the menu and it took several minutes to decide. The drink options, ice cream options, and food options were plentiful. After some debate and agreeing to split things, we made our oder. They asked us where we were sitting and they would bring us are our food.


So we started off with our waters, an vanilla and cream soda. They make their own syurps with sugar cane. New Dude thought it was good and even the non-soda drinker like myself really enjoyed it.



We also had a cup of tomato bisque soup. I miss heard New Dude who wanted potato, but it was still a win. He had never had tomato bisque, and we were about to enjoy some grilled cheese, who wouldn't want a little tomato soup. 








The food arrived and it looked great! For being different kinds of grilled cheese, these were huge, great and filling. I had a three cheese deluxe and he had a pizza grilled cheese. The side was pop corn and some smiley potato cake. 




I was enjoying the sandwich so much I didn't pause long enough to help take a good picture.


We saved enough soup to dip some of the sandwich and it was amazing!










We saved enough room to split a sunday. This was a coffee chip ice cream with hot fudge and caramel sauce topped with whipped cream and a cherry. It was so good!











This was a picture of the bar that I took right before we left. The chalk board in the background has all of their ice cream flavors and the soups for that day. It was going for a classic feel and it was. 

It is defiantly a nice little gem that I will be sure to share with more friends and family when they come to visit.

Is there any little gems in your area that you love to visit? Or is there a place that you've heard of but have yet to make it too? I suggest you make it a date night, with friends or your better half, and head out and go discover it! Places like Pop's Ice Cream and Soda Bar are what makes the area that you live in unique and fun. Go find it!

To find out more about Pop's Ice Cream & Soda Bar you can visit their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment