What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's raining caterpiallars?

 
These guys were not there last night. These little black things are caterpillars.
 
I went for a short run this morning and when I got back to the house I had a seat on the steps leading into the house/to  the porch. I kept hearing this random dropping noise. It was too small for a branch but too soft sounding for an acorn.
 
When I turned around I saw these things all over the porch.
 
I am assuming the falling noise  was the caterpillars. I also came to the conclusion that these guys must have come falling from the sky or something. There were no trees directly over the house or porch so I am not sure.
 
My conclusions are they are actually on top of the house and are trying to learn to fly way before they have wings.
 
Or, they were actually being brought back to the nest of some bird, but they wiggled too much that right as the bird was flying over the house it feel out of it's mouth and to its doom.
 
Either way, my porch had a whole bunch of these things and they weren't moving. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment