What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Random Thoughts For Today

For the last hour I have been trying to write something down for today's blog. I want to talk about the amazing adventure I had on Saturday, however, I want to put pictures and do it justice. My attention span wont let me give the proper care, so I'm just going to write random things that have been bouncing around in my head.

Trying to figure out what specs and price I want and am willing to pay for when it comes to a new computer can get taxing and confusing. I know what I want but prices can be sometimes higher then I had hoped for. Plus where do you go? The big box store like Best Buy or on-line like Amazon.com or Newegg.com?

I went and saw the newest Wolverine movie. It is not something I would recommend. Huge Jackman looks really yummy, but his face constantly looking slightly pissed with the eyebrows pointing in started to hurt my forehead. The action was good. Lots of hits and punches, and crazy stunts and the characters were alight, but the plot and driving force from one element to another element...eh, half the time I was lost. Why does he all of a sudden have to do this? It just gets kind of why is he doing that? No idea. Save yourself some money and wait for it to come out and rent it.

I think one of my toenails is half dead. I first noticed it was weird when I looked down and it was purple underneath. That was about 2 months ago. Now the purple is all gone and it looks like it is pulling away from the toe. I attacked the nail with nail clippers last night and as far as I had cut down it should have hurt, it did not. New Dude said it probably separated form the quick. Awesome, a toe nail should be falling off my toe.

I have been running in the mornings with a friend/co-worker. I cannot get out of bed to do it for myself,  but add another person to the mix and I'm there. Weird right? Good news, we've been doing a pretty good job at it. I hate it the first 15 minutes getting ready and out of bed, but by the time the run is over, life is good again. Usually still tired, but good.

I finally built my drying rack I bought for my birthday. I am now going to try and use it for a few loads a week. To save energy and money. One of the first things I've learned is that it takes more time for things to dry this way. I thought a shirt would be good to go in about 6 hours, but apparently not. I also worry that since it is in the basement the clothes might smell like basement. I hope not.I might move the dehumidifier that I already have running in the basement over to that side to see if it helps.

I'm excited to learn how to put hardwood floors in Labor Day weekend. And possibly re-build a rock wall.

It is always better to curtsey flush then try and find a plunger. 

When unexpected bills show up I always wonder if I should pay them with a credit card or pull it out of savings. It usually ends up being decided on which one I get the least upset about.

Living more in the presence is harder to do then I would have thought. It also can take up a lot of your free time.

I bought New Dude two shirts and some shorts. They fit and so far he's enjoyed it. Win for me! First stuff ever bought clothes for my boyfriend!

I enjoy midnight showings of movies because of the crowd. Most movies that I've waited a year or more for I could wait another week or two, but the audience can make it so much more fun.

I shall not be doing a triathlon this year, however I have added another half marathon to my races to be run. Also, the goal to try and do a Tough Mudder. The first time my Brother-In-law suggested it I declined. I saw my cousin complete it and now I want to do it.

Sometime in the future I shall learn to can food.

I keep trying to avoid sweets and things like chips, working in an office environment makes it so much harder.

Alright that is all I have for right now. What you are pondering about and having clutter your head. Leave a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment