What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Craft Time with New Dude

 
 
This weekend there were a lot of random blog worthy events going on. From my unidentified rash-thing to new hardwood floors being put in. However, since my weekend was non-stop and my new computer isn't here yet, I'm going to go with this post.
 
I went to work on Sunday morning and came home around 5:50pm. Having a free night I asked New Dude what he wanted to do.
He said we hadn't done anything childish in a while, like the fort or Nerf guns or maybe it was the burning movie theater popcorn on  the back porch. Either way he wanted something younger, fun, and easy.
 
He first suggested to make home-made stuffed animals since I love mine so much, why not make one? However, I was not in the mood to deal with a sewing machine. So after a lot of attempting to head out the door and being held back by New Dude, we went to Wally World to see what we had.
After about an hour or aimlessly wandering around the craft and toy isle we went with a bag of pipe cleaners with googlely eyes and pom poms.
 
We got back home and spent an hour or so destroying the kitchen table with arts and craft time just chilling and enjoying the creative juices. I have no idea what we're going to do with them, but it felt nice to make something.
 
Get out there, grab some scissors, glue, and felt stuff and make something!



No comments:

Post a Comment