What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dishwasher Troubles


While away in college I was always excited and happy to realize that my mom taught me how to survive as an adult.

I had already learned about the check book, how to cook food, clean clothes, dishes, take care of bills, and just had an over better idea of how to move from home and into an apartment and live better then a lot of my fellow students.

Don't get me wrong, I still had plenty of learning with cars, boys, roommates, fleas, and friends.

One of my most prideful moment was the fact that I knew the difference between dish soap and dishwasher soap. This saved me the whole over following house/kitchen filled with bubbles stories that most college kids had.

I apparently just needed to wait until I was in my late 20s and had a cleaning fit day.

I came home from work and apparently had a bug up my butt. I started to clean like a mad woman. Two of the random offenders were the garbage can and the dishwasher. The bottom had some kind of plastic thing to keep bigger parts of food, plastic, and lost lids from going down the drain. With the help of New Dude, we clean this black gross covered thing. 

While he took one part into the tub to scrub, I pulled out the Mr. Clean and scrubbed everything inside the dishwasher. Then to top it off, added a little bleach.

Which, for the record, is a very stupid idea. You should never mix chemicals, they usually have bad reactions that cause you to have problems with breathing.

I wanted to fire up the dishwasher let the two rather harsh chemicals run their course. We put the dishwasher back together and push the short run cycle.

Things were going great! That was until, I came in later and saw the bubbles coming out. 

So, I grabbed a broom, swept the floor and then used my now readily available Mr. Clean/bleach water to clean the floor. 

To be fair it had been a LONG time since I cleaned the kitchen floor. 

AND I had recently said I was avoiding cleaning it. I guess the cleaning people from above thought my avoidance had lasted long enough.

So now my dishwasher AND my floor were cleaned all in the same day!

Has anyone else had an issue like this before? If so leave me your story below! Thanks and have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment