What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Razor Burn!


by federico stevanin from freedigitalphotos.net

*Note* This post was written a while but I forgot to find a picture and post it. Enjoy!

The other night New Dude and I were headed out for a late night party. Well, now a days it is a late night party, before it was just a party.

It was way too cold to wear a dress. The pants I wanted to wear, New Dude was kind enough to iron for me while I tried to find a shirt to wear. I pulled out a sweater, but due to who knows what it now was strecteched in weird places and would not do.

The shirt I ended up picking lacked sleeves. Yes, I would probably be cold, but not freezing so this would be fine.

However, I had been unable to shave my arm pits earlier that day. I had showered at the gym after doing laps in the pool. When I went to go find my razor, I couldn't find it. For work I was wearing sleeves so that was fine.

But now I'm sleevless, and the possibility of maybe arm pit hair is such a horrible thing. Of all the girly things I lack, I know and feel hair arm pits are not suppose to happen.

Well, I was like that's fine, I'll take care of this. I grab the razon from the shower and snip snap my arm pits are now hair free. Let me add a swipe or two of deprodiant and I'll be good to go!

Except for the fact that my arm pits are now ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried now to get rid of the  deordiant by using a damp wash cloths, which I think just added to the fire and smashing the stuff into my skin.

So then I show New Dude what I did and he suggested the Sun Burn Cream we have. I try that and it doesn't really help.

I'm trying to put eye liner on with skin under my arm just causing me distress. I used some Benadryl cream I had. It was the only other cream we had in the house that might have helped.

I think it did help, but not with the redness.

So pretty much, I learned that hairy pits are WAY more comortable and better than having shaved on fire arm pits that are red and hateful.

Anyone else have this issue before? If so let me know with a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Haha shan poor thing... I actually have experienced that horrible "I want to cut my arms off to end this" type of pain. Not a good time.. only thing worst is doing this on your legs before heading to a wonderful salty ocean with friends -_- NO BUENO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, the ocean I think is worse just because of the amount of surface area of your legs. I think I learned that one back in the day when I still used safety razors. =)

    ReplyDelete