What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Peep Peeps

Trying new things sometimes involves a shoe box.


This shoe box happens to have chicks in it. We have 5 Red Rhode Island Reds and 5 Americanas. New Dude and I in the process of doing some homesteading and learning how to use what we have to try new things. 


One of those things are these chickens.

They are growing so very fast. We started off by keeping them in a tub,

And now we have moved them outside of the tub.


They are hard to catch and I think I could be slightly afraid of them. Which is completely illogical because they are like 1/10 of my size. They don't have teeth, they don't know how to peck and you or use their claws. So why does it freak me out to grab one? No idea, but it does.

The weather has dropped and so we're unable to fully move them outside. I guess the big step would be to build their coop. Also, from the excitement my dog shows, a way to keep them inside and safe from the dog. 

Anyone else have chickens? Is so what kind? Have you lost any to anything besides other animals? Please let me know with a comment below.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment