What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Dinner Options

Over the last few months I have been trying new ways to improve quality of life. 

It is little things from breaking down to using those cleaning wipes for a quick clean. I am all for a deep clean but sometimes life does not give me enough motivation for a deep clean. However, getting things a tad cleaner faster while waiting for the motivation for a deep clean can actually remove some stress.

One of the other items I am trying is Blue Apron. Full disclosure, they didn't ask me to write this article.  

I get three meals for two once a week. My thought process was no need to figure out what to buy, cook, or do for a few meals a week. I was getting burned out trying to figure out what to eat each week and our eating out had increased.

I would say that this was a good idea, but it became a little hard to do. I didn't take in account the extra time it would take to make and our busy schedules. I started to trade one stress for another stress. I was worried about using up the meals before the next box arrived. I didn't want to waste anything because I hate wasting food in general but more expensive food is even worse. 

I think that is a good program, great food, and easy direction and set up.

It does take a little bit more time because of the prep work required. Unlike when you cook a meal you've done over and over, there is reading, re-reading, and the best way to execute their meals are to chop, slide, dice, and get everything ready before adding heat to anything. It just requires a bit more attention then I'm used to giving.

Below are the pictures of a bunch of meals I made all at once tonight. You can see the picture of the actual food, and what they said it should look like. 



I really liked being introduced to new ingredients, ways to cook, and flavor combinations I had never tried before. It really is a gourmet meal that you cook at home. 



They taste so good and the portions are amazing.I had a fear that it wouldn't feed New Dude. That he would eat it and then still need a sandwich. It is almost too much for me and puts him just below uncomfortable full. Plus the calorie count for these fresh, robust, and delicious meals have been about or less. I found that to be very awesome.



I would say the one thing that I really dislike is the use of all the dishes in my kitchen. Grant it, there were a few items in the sink before I made all three meals, it does feel like about 6 more dishes are used when making these meals. 



If you're thinking about signing up, I say go for it. Best case is that you're going to be eating amazing meals three times a week. Worst case is that you add a little bit of stress and you cut back on the delivery or the service at all. 

Anyone else try them or another service like it? What was your experience? Let me know with a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment