What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, November 8, 2020

M is for Mud Pie



M for Mud Pie was an adventure to be sure. I completed this recipe on July 26, 2020.

Before could even get started on this pie recipe I had to find it. As you can see from the picture there is a picture but no recipe. My mom has the same cookbook and she also is missing these pages. I knew from the table of context that it was called M is for Mud Pie and so with the power of google looked for some different options. I ended up choosing this one since it was from Betty Crocker, specifically mentions Gold Medal flour, and is pretty simple. With all of these factors checked I went with it. 
The overall steps were easy to follow. The different elements added together to have nice flavors and a variety of textures. I can defiantly see making this again. It would be a great item to make the day before and just grab it and go before heading to the event. 


I did make a mistake when it came to measuring out the flour. I should have used 1/3 of a cup of flour but used 1/4. I blame this on trying to start it at 9pm at night. I couldn't figure out the math to make it right. Or rather, I was too lazy to figure it out so went with it.

Overall it was nice, easy, and I would defiantly try it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment