What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, November 15, 2020

N is for Nutty Marshmallow Bars



Like the M is for Mud Pie, this was part of my and my mom's missing pages of the cookbook.  Using the index for the name of the recipe and doing a google search I was able to find this recipe to use for N is for Nutty Marshmallow Bars.


I made this on 7.27.2020 and this one is very sticky. I noticed this fact only because Husband hates sticky things. He wears gloves to eat doughnuts he dislikes it so much. Since he notices I now notice. 

I also felt like the way I made this, which had some flaws made it very crumbly. Instead of chopping the peanuts like instructed I used my magic bullet and it made more like peanut butter. Flaw one. I also put it in a larger pan which made nice size bars. However, if I would have used a slightly smaller pan it would have been more squished and compact and probably less fragile, flaw two.


The overall taste was very good even though I was not in the mood to cook that day. Husband said it reminded him of the haystacks his mom makes around Christmas time each year. His father, brother, and he all fight for the haystacks. I have a hard time putting down her peanut butter balls. 

The steps were easy to follow even though I did not do the best at it. I would probably try this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment