What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, November 29, 2020

P is for Pocket Pizza


I made this pizza back on July 28, 2020, and it was really easy to make and pretty tasty. I did have some issues with it. 

Full disclosure I do make homemade pizza. I've been using the same recipe for the dough since my dad found it and declared it the one we'd use. That recipe calls for yeast this one did not which was pretty cool.

I had no issue with making the dough. The parts where I struggled wherewith the direction for sausage. What kind of sausage? Crumbly, sliced, or something else? I don't normally put the sausage on my pizza at home so quickly over thought it and became confused.

I also bought my pizza, sauce, which normally I make my own. This was a mistake only because I think it made the over all pocket pizza pretty salty. That is hard for me to say since I have no issues with salt. 

I also struggled a little with the assembly since it was layered. Which made sense after. reading the directions like 6 times. However, a simple sentence of you will be layering the ingredients would have helped a lot.

Overall, this was a yummy treat. I would attempt it again. I would make my own sauce and understand the layering process better. 

It does make a massive pocket pizza as you can see by it covering the entire cookie sheet, so would be good to share with a few people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment