What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Sunday, November 22, 2020

O is for Oatmeal Pancakes


I can say I was really excited about this bake. I am a huge fan of breakfast for dinner so making this for dinner on July 28, 2020, was a treat. 

I have never made oatmeal pancakes before. I have made all kinds but my favorite kind of pancakes are light, fluffy, and have a crunchy butter ring on the outside. 

These oatmeal pancakes are not like my favorite kind but still very good. They are hearty, filling, and tastes really good. When I cooked these they took longer to cook than normal, about 5-7 minutes instead of 3-4 minutes. I also played with trying them with both molasses and my normal pancake syrup. I thought the molasses would be best because they were so wholesome, but nope, I preferred the regular syrup. 

Like most recipes in this book the directions on this one were very easy and clear which is always nice. I think pancakes are one of the first items I learned to cook so always appreciate the idea that it might be some little kid's first item as well. 

I just wanted to take note that we drank this local cider while eating our pancakes. Why not have some apple "juice" for dinner? Fun fact, ciders are closer to wines than beers. This cinder can be found in Natural Bridge and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment