What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Failed Employee


Unnecessary intense eyes.
On Tuesday I was so excited to just be working one job. I had only one other goal besides going to work, which was to go on a pub run. This would be my second pub run, but the same good people that I went with to my first pub run, which I thought I blogged about, but after a search I did not.

No matter, the story shall continue.

The last time I did the pub run I ran 5 miles, randomly on a Tuesday night with a bunch of people I did not know. That one was epic because not only was I barely there in time, cussing and swearing at all the random people slowing me down on my quest to get home, changed, and back in time, but I was also the last person to finish.

The group was kind of small, like 30 people and the people that were going 5 miles were much faster than I, and apparently the people who run at my pace only wanted to go three miles.

So as I run towards the turn around point, someone asks if I know where it is, the answer was no. I ended up running all the way back with the organizer of the event only because he was being all nice and doing the whole safety in numbers thing. It was kind of awesome to go for a long run and to end it with beer because I couldn't seem to get a glass of water asking twice. Oh well.

So I was excited for Tuesday's run. I brought my clothes this time, cleared the calendar, and when I started out, I was like I'm doing 5 miles because I have nothing else to do and after a long weekend I needed some me time.


I was able to run with a very nice lady. She had some cool binky thing on her arms for safety which were pretty cool. I think I want some now.

I finished the run, had a drink, a great burrito, and conversation with a friend and her friends. I then went home about 9:30pmish and settled in to talk with a friend for almost two hours. Before I went to bed I saw a missed text message from a friend. She told me I had won some money for being employee of the month in November and I'd get some extra cash on my paycheck.

Epic fail, they sung my praises at a meeting, a mandatory meeting, where they announced this win, that I did not attend. It was Tuesday night. While I was sitting at home jabbering away to a friend, sweaty and gross, but comfy, I was being told I was a good employee.

Guess who's face was a tad red the next day I went into work.

Then the very next day, I went into crazy muttering cures about guests hitting trees and tires popping. To be fair they were all being super stupid and mean and I was trying my best...however that wasn't good enough and my ability to handle stress was nil.

I guess if I'm going to fail, mys well do it epically. Good news, I get three days off to rethink what I've done and come back with hopefully energy and caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment