What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Snow vs Eleanor

Snow Day!
A few weeks back my area was hit by snow. It came down fast and heavy reeking all kinds of problems. Some people spent hours in traffic trying to get home because of closed roads accidents and just bad driving.

I had both jobs close early so between jobs I had lots of time. First I waited for everyone to go down this big hill because Eleanor is old heavy and probably needs new tires. It was a good thing because right before I made it to the stop sign I went sideways. I waited a minute, slowly backed up and went to search for a window scrapper so I didn't have to use my credit card.

The Dollar Store down the hill was still open so I was able to find a useful tool for when I came out.

After working for only about 4 hours, helping some stranded people at least go back to their cars with a full belly and some warmth, my day had ended.

Half cleaned car.
I walk outside to a car covered in snow.
 
I take out my newly purchased dollar scraper, keep the car running and attack the windows. After the windows are clear, now i moved on to removing the snow from the hood of my car. This is the part when I start to laugh like an insane child hopped on too much sugar.
 
Poor Eleanor, I am not even putting the scrapper on the hood. As I pushed it with my gloved hands, it pulled off her paint/clear coat. The snow all around my car looked like something was bleeding and or someone was shaving red crayons on top of the snow.  

Paint coming off like crayon shavings.
Because I sometimes have a sick sense of humor, I couldn't stop laughing. My cheeks hurt from smiling while my hands hurt from the cold. The biggest issue with this, is the fact that her paint was always getting rough and falling off, now, thanks to this snow, it is just coming off like dead skin on a really bad sunburn. 
 

Poor hood is getting rough.
Right now I'm thinking that if I wait long enough I'll just get someone to paint her hood with a cool picture kind of like a coverup tattoo?
The real question is....what should it be? Any suggestions? Leave a comment below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment