What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Keilbasa Beer Pasta


Kielbasa Beer Pasta

After a run, stopping at the post office to mail some packages, I came home and was ready for some food. 
 
My first thought was a big bowl of Lucky Charms, but I told myself that I am adult, and should eat more than cereal, mostly because I have time to cook.  
 
So, after deciding that fish sticks and tater tots should not be eaten two out of three days, I dove a little deeper, and this is what I found.
 
It was super easy to make. I took a whole kielbasa and cut it up into bite size coins. I threw in a bag of frozen corn and peas together. I added only a little butter to keep the peas and carrots from sticking while the juices from the kielbasa worked itself out. Throw in some pepper and salt and that part was done.
 
I had half a box of angel hair pasta so I cooked that up too. Once it was almost all the way cooked I threw it in the pan. This was the hope that the flavors would blend together better.
 
I've done it before with them all not spending time in the pan learning to become friends and it just had awesome kielbasa and veggies standing on top of some pasta. Though good, I was trying to see if it could become even more powerful.
 
However, putting pasta in the pan with little no liquid caused it to start to stick. Eep!
 
So I ran over to the fridge, grabbed a beer and poured some of it into the pan. This not only adds some liquid, some flavor, but it also de-glazes the pan.  De glazing is also known as unsticking what I was sticking, and by sticking I mean almost burning, to the pan.
 
A few minutes later and I was able to produce this awesome dinner with lots of flavor hitting on my grains, my meat, veggies, with a beer to drink. Win! Plus, now I have left overs! Can we say yummy lunch?
 
Do you have a favorite random go to dish for dinner? If so leave a comment below! Thanks!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment