What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sleep

Ever have one of those days where all your plans for after work have changed so much by the time you get home, you're not sure if you care anymore?

I did, just the other day. I had planned on a run but it was raining. I was thinking about going to a gym class instead but work held me over and I wasn't going to make the class. I was tired, probably hungry, I had a house to clean, food to shop for and things to get organized.

The cold rain all day wore through my bones even though I was inside. So, I told myself, I'd go home, take a short nap, then do the whole snack thing, gym thing, food thing, and go back to bed.

By the time I walked into the door I was okay with just the gym thing.

Then it was just going to just do the grocery shopping.

Then it was just the cleaning thing.

Then I was just go to bed take a nap and figure it out form there.

I did sleep, I went to bed so fast I only changed out of my work pants into sweat pants.

After I hit the alarm for about 30 minutes I woke up and decided I should probably take the rest of my work clothes off including my badge.

Still super sleepy, I went through the list again. Gym or grocery shopping or cleaning or just some of one?

Nope, it all failed. I went to my car, brought in my gym clothes in case I was productive in the morning, brushed my teeth, put the rest of the pajamas on, and then went back to bed.

There was about a 20 minute answering of text message, and burrowing back deep down into the covers, blankets, pillows, and a few stuffed friends, but beyond that, I was out like a light.

One random wake up at 1:30am in the mooring, following by rolling over and going back to sleep.

I did not get anything I had hoped to do. Nope. No cleaner house, no healthier body, no fuller fridge, but for the first time in a while the next day I felt like a functioning person and the bags under my eyes are carry on size and not check bag size.

Have you ever had days like this? If so tell me about it in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment